Just a Barefoot Southern Mama! :) Growing, learning and loving daily :) My life has many blessings and I am so thankful for the Grace that has been shown to me! I'm married to my soul mate/ best friend Dalton! We have a sweet little boy Noah. I now know what it feels like to watch your heart walk outside your body :) You can find me in my home surrounded with Children, baking, crafting and reading. THIS BLOG: Has Became my SCRAPBOOK more than anything.

8/10/10

Inpired Me Tuesdays ~ Simple & Cheap Themed Parties for Kiddos!

I have been inspired to get back into the groove of things....I have been waiting on August because its when school starts, family traditions and holidays begin.
So I always feel more creative, and more of a homemaker coming into fall..
Being a Stay At Home Mom is wonderful and we are going to start doing more activities to keep us busy! I will be having a themed party once a month  for Noah, the daycare kiddo's and our friends! Here are some ideas of themed parties we will be doing.

August 27th 2010~ Ocean Party
We will be snacking on gold fish, and ocean water! We will be exploring all the different kinds of ocean life from the fish to sea horses and sting rays! We will be coloring our favorite sea creature!:) My friend Jessica made Noah an Ocean Sensory bin so I thought it would be perfect for this month! am going to use it to let the kiddo's explore! WE will be making our own little fishing poles and fishing for prizes!:))) Cant Wait!

September~ Jungle Party
We will be learning about jungle animals! What they eat, where they sleep, and what kind of sounds they make!
*Snack on animal crackers and juice! I am going to have fresh coconut for the kiddo's to try! We will color our favorite jungle animal.and play pin the tail on the Monkey!:))) Cant wait!

October~ Halloween Party~
Its our favorite holiday around our house! We will be making jack o lantern cookies and panting tiny jack o lanterns, and making tissue ghost... We will sit in a circle and tell ghost stories and snack on candy corn and cider... :)))

November~ We will be taking a break from an actual Theme to talk about Jesus and what we are thankful for and to make hand turkeys :)

December~ Snowflake Party!~ ( this is a more detailed party for Christmas
What I will be doing to decorate : I am going to hang icicle lights on the inside around our table set up! And hang paper snowflakes from the ceiling and cover the floor in white sheets. I suggest a white table cloth and dining wear to match. I would even spice it up and get silver cups, balloons or plates. I have a glass door that I will add a little something to with spray on snow!

Activities:
We will be making snowflakes
 * Paper Snowflakes~
http://www.papersnowflakes.com/patterns.htm
Coffee filters and construction paper folded in certain angles and cut and opened can make beautiful snowflakes!

* Make a Winter Scene"
Take a rather large poster board or paper. Draw trees and a little town, like houses maybe a school. Hang the paper on the wall and let the children draw snowmen and put snow flake stickers on. ( we will be using a big long black piece of paper and using white crayons to draw onto the paper to make a "nighttime scene" example ( white crayon for snowmen )  ( yellow crayon for the lights in the windows and street lights  of the houses) they will add snow flake stickers: )

* A "Snowman Maker" section and we will be making snowmen out of marshmallows and pretzel sticks, oh and don't  forget the chocolate chips for the eyes and buttons. Take a pretzel stick and stack marshmallows onto it to make a snowman, add pretzel sticks for legs and arms:)


January~(taking a break for planning)
It's a new year so we will be settings goals and discussing the months ahead. I don't like to plan to far ahead, because I get overwhelmed. I am looking forward to this so much! I know the kids will love it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts