Just a Barefoot Southern Mama! :) Growing, learning and loving daily :) My life has many blessings and I am so thankful for the Grace that has been shown to me! I'm married to my soul mate/ best friend Dalton! We have a sweet little boy Noah. I now know what it feels like to watch your heart walk outside your body :) You can find me in my home surrounded with Children, baking, crafting and reading. THIS BLOG: Has Became my SCRAPBOOK more than anything.

11/24/10

What are you planning for Thanksgiving : )


It's here!! well one more day, which means today my home will be filled with the smell of sweet desserts and fun! My sister will arrive from out of town  this afternoon... and we will gather at my moms for yummy sandwiches and good conversation : ) My hubby has to work nights tonight : ( but it will work out...
Tomorrow on Thanksgiving hubby works days! :( yuck! My son and I will be joining my family at my moms and prepare our lovely Thanksgiving meal. We are aiming to eat at 2 pm. : ) We do it easy, we divide the meal! SO that each of us gets to take part in cooking the dinner... So I do desserts, my sis handles the yummy sides and my mom the turkey and ham : ) this makes it easy for us and helps the day go by smooth...

My sister and I make place cards for the dining table : ) which is nice that we get to be crafty together : ) We also have a GREAT time writing what we are thankful for in a "thankful journal" we started two years ago... Another fun thing we do is take our place cards, fold em and put em in a basket and draw names.. Whichever name you draw is the person in which you tell why you are thankful for! I love this! WE all usually end up crying, and just sharing good memories...

Thanksgiving night is filled with FUN games!!! I am really excited about our legendary game of "Catch Phrase"! WE have a great time on this evening : )
Friday morning will be filled with a few hours of my sister, mom and I leaving the kids with the daddies and paw paw for a little browsing or shopping : ) YAY!!!

I am excited for well needed family time.. and can't wait... now off to make Peanut Butter Pie and Peach Cobbler and a new recipe I am trying that I found out of a Home and Garden magazine is Apple Tart Dessert. : )

This year our family is participating in a game.. ITS A SUPRISE! So check back with me next week to see the most funniest thing you will ever see : )
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving... maybe you would like to share your traditions : )

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."  ~ Psalms

1 comment:

Popular Posts