Just a Barefoot Southern Mama! :) Growing, learning and loving daily :) My life has many blessings and I am so thankful for the Grace that has been shown to me! I'm married to my soul mate/ best friend Dalton! We have a sweet little boy Noah. I now know what it feels like to watch your heart walk outside your body :) You can find me in my home surrounded with Children, baking, crafting and reading. THIS BLOG: Has Became my SCRAPBOOK more than anything.

1/26/11

Cheap SUPER delicious Poppy Seed Chicken

Depending on your family size you will have to add extra ingredients for a larger dish to serve.

You need 
I love how cheap this is !~

                                                               2 cans of cream of mushroom
2 cans of cream of chicken
1 6 or 8 oz sour cream
4 tablespoons of poppy seeds
1 to 1 1/2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers ( the great value brand works good but the name brand is better ) 
1 stick of butter
shredded or cubed chicken
a nice size casserole dish... for a 13 inch double the ingredients.

Boil your chicken breast until well done... while boiling you are to  Mix cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, and 1 8 oz sour cream and 4 tablespoons of poppy seeds and mix well.



ingredients mixed with poppy seeds

 NEXT:
Shred or cube the chicken into small pieces ... and once shredded or cubed add the chicken to mixture.


NOW:
in a seperate bowl melt butter, add a tablespoon of poppy seeds and crush the sleeve of Ritz Crackers well, once crushed add to butter and mix well... 






THEN:
you will have sort of like a crust mixture out the crackers and butter, you will place crust in bottom of caserole dish and press firmly...


FINAL STEP:
Now add the mixture on top of crust, spread evenly, with another half a sleeve of ritz crackers crush and sprinkle on top...  and bake for 45 minutes on 375 : )

Serve with veggies, or rice. SO GOOD!



1 comment:

  1. I have tried this recipe from my sis (aud)! This is very good!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts