Just a Barefoot Southern Mama! :) Growing, learning and loving daily :) My life has many blessings and I am so thankful for the Grace that has been shown to me! I'm married to my soul mate/ best friend Dalton! We have a sweet little boy Noah. I now know what it feels like to watch your heart walk outside your body :) You can find me in my home surrounded with Children, baking, crafting and reading. THIS BLOG: Has Became my SCRAPBOOK more than anything.

1/26/11

Chili my way, ( few ingredients and SUPER good : )





You need :
1 8 oz can of tomato paste
1 16 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 16 ounce can of chili ready tomatoes
1 pkg of Chili Season... ( i use the mild great value )
1 16 ounce can of corn
1 bag of kidney beans ( you can also use a can of kidney beans. BUT i love the bags. )
1 pound hamburger meat
shredded cheese

Directions
You will need to soak the kidney beans over night in water in a large boiler... in the morning you will boil the beans for 15 mins then turn down to medium cover with a lid, you will need to tilt the lid  ( steam the beans ) the beans will need to cook for six or more hours.. ( I cook for eight ) a
after beans have cooked you will drain beans.
Brown your hamburger meat, while cooking meat add a tablespoon of the chili seasoning to the meat. ( the grease will bring out some flavor ) Brown until well done.

Now pour all canned ingredients along with beans into a large boiler, add a can of water, and seasoning..add hamburger meat. BOIL for 15 minutes stirring occasionally, and then turn down on medium for ten minutes..
Serve with Crackers, Frito's and dont forget the shredded cheese or sour cream : )

1 comment:

  1. We make ours very similar and I love it. Super frugal.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts