Just a Barefoot Southern Mama! :) Growing, learning and loving daily :) My life has many blessings and I am so thankful for the Grace that has been shown to me! I'm married to my soul mate/ best friend Dalton! We have a sweet little boy Noah. I now know what it feels like to watch your heart walk outside your body :) You can find me in my home surrounded with Children, baking, crafting and reading. THIS BLOG: Has Became my SCRAPBOOK more than anything.

1/12/11

A Good Read "Sarah's Key"

So my mother in law visited this weekend... We had a very nice visit... We got to shop, eat out at our favorite Italian Restaurant "Napoli's".. Noah got to open his Christmas gifts : ) He ENJOYED! lol and we had a lazy day sunday and the mom n law fixed a HUGE pot of Chili... Very GOOD! : ) She finished reading this book " Sarah's Key" while she was here and she passed it on to me ... And I am on the third Chapter and LOVE IT! : ))) 



It takes place in ...

Paris, July 1942: Its about a girl named Sarah,  a ten year-old girl, who is arrested with her family by the French police in the Vel’ d’Hiv’ roundup, but not before she locks her younger brother in a cupboard in the family's apartment, thinking that she will be back in  a few hours.
And in ... 

Paris, May 2002: On Vel’ d’Hiv’s 60th anniversary, journalist Julia Jarmond is asked to write an article about this black day in France's past. Through her  investigation, she stumbles onto a trail of long-hidden family secrets that connect her to Sarah. Julia finds herself compelled to retrace the girl's ordeal, from that terrible term in the Vel d'Hiv', to the camps, and beyond. As she probes into Sarah's past, she begins to question her own place in France, and to reevaluate her marriage and her life. 

I am super excited about this book... and will prob post about it from time to time until I finish : )

Maybe you would like to share your favorite read, your read at the time or maybe you will check out "Sarah's Key " : ) 

1 comment:

Popular Posts