Just a Barefoot Southern Mama! :) Growing, learning and loving daily :) My life has many blessings and I am so thankful for the Grace that has been shown to me! I'm married to my soul mate/ best friend Dalton! We have a sweet little boy Noah. I now know what it feels like to watch your heart walk outside your body :) You can find me in my home surrounded with Children, baking, crafting and reading. THIS BLOG: Has Became my SCRAPBOOK more than anything.

1/4/11

Inspire Me Tuesdays~ My first attempt at Snicker doodle cookies! : )

Whoo Hoo~ I am inspired today to share with you a very simple recipe for Snicker Doodle Cookies... I am so excited that they turned out so good and they look better than any cookie I have ever made!~ ( thanks to the rim of a glass : )))))
This is SO easy and the ingredients you prob already have in your kitchen right now!~ so get to baking!


  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 


Okay so you pre heat oven to 400 degrees 
cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tarter, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfulls into balls... Mix the 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon. Roll the balls of dough in mixture... Place 2 inches apart on ungreased backing sheet. 
Bake 8 to 10 Minutes , or until set but not hard, remove immediately from baking sheet.

* the secret to the nice rounded shape* Here is what I did to get a nice round shape... about 6 minutes into baking as the ball of cookie flattened, i removed the cookies from oven and smashed flat with a greased spoon and I greased the rim of a glass and used the glass as a cookie cutter : ))) the recipe did not call for this.. so i am sure either way will work fine... and I added two to three extra minutes after putting the cookies back in to finish baking ! : ))))

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish!!!!! I'll have to try these sometime! Although, no i'd have to buy most of these ingrediants, i'm not a good baker like you are! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts