Just a Barefoot Southern Mama! :) Growing, learning and loving daily :) My life has many blessings and I am so thankful for the Grace that has been shown to me! I'm married to my soul mate/ best friend Dalton! We have a sweet little boy Noah. I now know what it feels like to watch your heart walk outside your body :) You can find me in my home surrounded with Children, baking, crafting and reading. THIS BLOG: Has Became my SCRAPBOOK more than anything.

1/19/11

Wednesdays Bake! : )NO Yeast Homemade Cinnamon Rolls! ( FUN BAKE )


SO it has been a very busy week so far.. Monday was Martin Luther King Jr Day so I had two extra kiddos.. Monday is also my errand and grocery day, and then Tuesday I was not able to catch a minute between laundry and cleaning that didnt get finished on Monday .. So her is Wednesday and I wanted to share with you my FUN BAKE for the day : ) 






  • FILLING, make it first!  1½ tablespoons melted butter
    2/3 cup packed brown sugar
    1½ teaspoons cinnamon
  • Combine all of the filling ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
    *DOUGH
    ¾ cup small or large curd cottage cheese (4% milk fat)
    1/3 cup buttermilk
    ¼ cup white sugar
    4 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups all purpose flour
    TABLESPOON baking powder
    ¼ teaspoon baking soda

    Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease the sides and bottom of a 9" or 10" springform pan with cooking spray. In a food processor, combine the cottage cheese, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter and vanilla; process until smooth about 10 seconds. Add the flour, baking powder & baking soda and pulse in short bursts just until the dough clumps together in a ball. Careful not to over-process. The dough will be soft and moist & sticky.  Its okay~. Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured counter and knead it four or five times with floured hands ... Roll dough out to a 12" x 15" rectangle. 
    Brush  with a very light coating of melted butter  & leave a half inch border unbuttered around the edges. Sprinkle the filling over the buttered area and pat lightly.
    Starting with the long side, roll up the dough into a jelly roll shape and pinch the long seam to seal, leaving the ends open. Cut into twelve equal pieces with a sharp serrated knife.  The rolls should touch slightly, but its OK if there are small gaps. Bake at 400 for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Watch closely at the 20 minute mark to ensure perfectly baked cinnamon rolls!

    Set the pan on a cooling rack for five minutes. Make the glazeRemove the springform ring and drizzle glaze over the rolls.

    *GLAZE 2/3 cup powdered sugar (I whisked to break up any clumps) 2 to 3 tablespoons of cold milk (I used heavy whipping cream) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Whisk all ingredients together. If it seems too thick to pour, add a little bit more milk.

    YUMMY YUMMY : )))

    I got this recipe from cookeatshare.com : )  SUPER easy and Really REALLY yummy...

1 comment:

Popular Posts